Useful links for handmade soapmakers
Books, ingredients, supplies ~ Soapmaking classes ~ Demetra resource network
Soapmaking books, ingredients, handmade soap, general information
The following Websites provide information on soapmaking and soap ingredient supplies, which could be useful to handmade soapers and toiletry makers:
- AquaSapone: as natural as possible handmade soap bases; formulation services, ingredient information and product advice for as natural as possible handmade soap and skin care.
- Castile Soap: Patrizia Garzena's Web magazine. Patrizia narrates about soap, places and people of (handcrafted soapmaking) significance.
- DIY Cosmetics: Packaging, Tools, Ingredients for Color Cosmetics: Pigments and Fillers, Fragrances and Lip Flavors, Botanicals, Jojoba Based Raw Materials. We do no animal testing nor do we purchase from Manufacturers that test on animals. US distributor for all the books in the Super-Naturally series. Based in Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- From Nature With Love: serving the Soapmaking, Aromatherapy and Cosmetics industries since 1997 with a huge range of raw materials. Vegetable oils and butters, fragrances, essential oils, hydrosols, herbs, cosmetic clays, salts & exfoliants, micas, oxides, color additives, M&P soap bases, packaging, soap molds, bath accessories, equipment and books. Based in Connecticut (New York), USA.
- Hawthorn Bay:
the longest standing supplier of Australian made soap moulds, in many different types, sizes and design. Silicon soap molds are available in tub and slab shape, as well as in multi-cavity versions. Hawthorn Bay also manufactures divider soap moulds with timber tray. Custom shapes and sizes available. Based in Victoria, Australia.
- Hidden Valley Handcrafts: pure essential oils, including Australian natives, & some ingredients. Based in Broome, WA, Australia.
Motto: Celebrating plants, and seeking purity, harmlessness, playful ingenuity and lovingkindness.
Soapmaker's Prayer: Let this soap cleanse away fear, Let love be here.
- Natural Soapmaking Web and mailing list: Australian international resource for handmade soap makers. Visit the Natural Soapmaking Website or join the Natural Soapmaking email mailing list for extensive information on as natural as possible soap and skin care.
- Robyn's Soap House: soapmaking supplies and raw materials. Castile liquid soap, Soapmaking classes. Based in Donvale, VIC, Australia.
- Soapies Supplies, general Soapmaking Tools and Equipment, Specialized Ingredients, their own Pre-made Bases and Classes. Based in Arizona, USA.
- Southern Skies Soap Supplies: online store based in South Australia. Soap and candlemaking supplies, soapmaking raw materials, books, New Age gift ideas, herb supplies, silicone soap moulds, RTV silicone kits. Based in South Australia.
- Woodbine Grove: Ruth Quigley's Australian Extra Virgin olive oil, grown and cold-pressed in the Macquarie Valley. Ruth also makes fabulous castile soap. Trangie, New South Wales, Australia.
- more soapmaking links...